2019 Mapúa University Statistics Quiz Bee
MECHANICS OF THE CONTEST
Applicants must be currently enrolled in MATH146 or MATH142 courses.
Coverage Probability and Statistics (Descriptive and Inferential).
- 8:00 – 9:00 AM Registratiom
- 9:00 – 9:20 AM Invocation (AVR 2) , Homage to Nation, Opening Remarks
- 9:20 – 10:20 AM Round 1 (Elimination)
- 10:20 – 10:40 AM Intermission/Break
- 10:40 – 11:40 AM Round 2 (Championship)
- 11:40 – 12:00 AM Awarding of Medals and Certificates
All contestants are advised to be on the contest venue 30 minutes before the start of the contest program and are required to register. Contestants are allowed to bring their own calculators.
For the elimination round, each contestant will be provided by the designated proctors with an examination question and an answer sheet.
For the final round, contestants will be given answer cards which will be distributed by duly designated proctors when the Quizmaster signals the start of the contest. The Quizmaster shall announce the time limit for each question. Each question will be read twice and the contestants will be required to provide their answer within the time limit. The designated proctors shall collect the answer cards and submit them to the board of judges. The Quizmaster shall announce the correct answer and score for each contestant will be appropriately posted.
Any cases, issues and problems that may arise during the contest and not herein discussed will be resolved by the Board of Judges. Their decision will be deemed final and un-appealable.
- The elimination round shall be a written examination and shall be an individual competition.
- Questions shall be asked with corresponding points depending on its level of difficulty.
- Contestants shall be given 1 hour to answer the questions.
- Answers not written in simplest form or with incorrect or no units are considered incorrect answers.
- The top 20 contestants will qualify for the final round.
The final round shall consist of two sequential rounds. In each round, contestants will be asked to answer 10 questions involving general knowledge and problem solving. Each round is in a question and answer form to be administered by a Quizmaster. Each item is worth 3 points for the first round and 5 points for the second round. The scores in the elimination round will be added to the first round scores to determine the top 10 who will qualify for the championship round.
The championship round is designed to select the Statistics Quiz Bee Champion. The contestant with the highest cumulative scores after the championship round will be declared the Champion.
In case of ties in any of the top five positions, the Quizmaster will administer a tie-breaking question.
Prizes: Cash, certificates and medals await the winners.
- Champion P10,000
- 1st Runner-up P6,000
- 2nd Runner-up P3,000
- 3rd Runner-up P2,000
- 4th Runner-up P1,000