MAPUA UNIVERSITY MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT FACULTY MEMBERS UNDERGOES CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY AUSTRALIA EXECUTIVE PROGRAM FOR DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION AND DATA ANALYTICS STRATEGY
CHED- Commission on Higher Education awarded scholarship to five (5) faculty members of the Mapua University – Department of Mathematics to CMUA-Carnegie Mellon University – Australia Executive Program. The recipients who have successfully completed the program last May 2021 are Engr. Dan Andrew Magcuyao, Engr. Agnes Pinca, Mr. Edgar Adina, Ms. Renilda Layno and Mr. Hardy Sierra.
CMUA delivered the training via live remote video from the Innovation Lab of CMU-A to participants from identified PHEIs. There are nine (9) modules covering key topics in digital transformation, data analytics, and technology management. The team worked in group capstone project, namely a Digital Transformation and Data Analytics Strategy for Mapua University. The nine (9) modules are as follows:
- Digital Transformation and the 4th Industrial Revolution
- Data Management: Building Blocks for Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security and Risk Management
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence and Exponential Innovation
- Managing Analytics Projects
- Blockchain Technologies
- Policy and Regulation in the Digital Economy
- Analytics and Higher Education
The Faculty Members for the said modules are:
- Dr. Zbigniew 'Zig' Zdziarski has been working and researching in AI since 2004 and obtained his PhD in Computer Science and AI at Trinity College Dublin. At CMU-A, he lectures on topics such as Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Programming. Recently, Dr Zdziarski worked as a consultant in AI in for major banks, retailers, and insurance companies. He is Google certified as a Data Engineer Professional and a Data Engineer Trainer.
- Professor Murli Viswanathan is the big data guru at Carnegie Mellon University Australia. Since 2007, he has taught our students AI/Business Intelligence / Analytics, Machine Learning, Enterprise Architecture, JAVA, and Information Systems for Managers. His research interests include AI and Machine Learning, knowledge management and data mining for ubiquitous information systems
- Professor Emil Bolongaita is a Distinguished Service Professor of Public Policy and Management and the Head of Carnegie Mellon University in Australia. He was formerly Unit Head of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program of the Asian Development Bank and the Director of the World Bank’s Global Distance Learning Program on Governance and Anti-Corruption.
- Professor Riaz Esmailzadeh Professor Esmailzadeh has helped some of the biggest companies in the world, such as Apple, Samsung and Hitachi refine their technologies and services. His inventions have become part of 3G and 4G standards and yielded 26 patents and he has authored more than 50 peer-reviewed articles and three books on broadband telecommunications technologies and management. As a Professor of Management of Information Technology at CMU-A, Prof. Esmailzadeh's interests include digital transformation and Fintech and Information Security.
- Professor Randall Trceziak holds a dual appointment between Heinz College and the CERT Program of the Software Engineering Institute at CMU. He is the Director of the Master of Science in Information Security Policy & Management (MSISPM) Program and an adjunct professor for the graduate School of Information Systems and Management.